Since first arriving in Vietnam in 2005, I’ve been fortunate to meet so many interesting and talented people. Most of these meetings have been through friends who’ve connected us through mutual interests, and a few were quite serendipitous. Now, to build a vibrant entrepreneur ecosystem in Vietnam, I am actively seeking aspiring entrepreneurs who fit the descriptions below to join The START Network Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) Program (NOTE: This program is intended for people who reside in HCMC, but in the future, we will be expanding to Silicon Valley).
Who are START Entrepreneurs in Residence?
- They are the seed of great companies. They combine an intense drive with a “beginner’s mind” to create the necessary condition for the formation and development of a new high-impact venture.
- They are not afraid to try something new and fail, because failure represents opportunities to learn, and learning is the only true path to success.
- They are the heart of the entrepreneur community, committed to building their own teams and ventures as well as helping others in the community to make the community stronger.
- They are self-motivated learners and strive for excellence in everything they do, and work best with others who are equally motivated and passionate. If they don’t know about something that seems important to their future goals, they will quickly learn about it.
- They are consistent and action-oriented; they spend more time doing than talking. They actively strive to help others to adopt this mindset.
- They are socially intelligent; they understand the fundamentals of healthy Human dynamics. They are great leaders, followers, and collaborators, and are flexible so they can tailor their style to fit with any type of situation.
- They are goal-oriented, but also collaborative and adaptive, building mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders to “co-create” new ventures.
- When starting a new venture, they have a strong focus on creating value for users and customers.
If the description above fits with who you are (or who you want to be), then this program is for you.
How to Apply:
- Go to http://bit.ly/STARTEIR to complete and submit the application form
- Send your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive confirmation and next steps via e-mail.
What you get:
- Connections – EIRs are plugged into The START Network’s Mentors who are experienced entrepreneurs and angel investors.
- Space – EIRs are granted free space in the quiet co-working area, and have access to the other facilities at The START Center.
- Time – EIRs are given 3 months to find a team and an opportunity to create something. If they’re successful, they may graduate to our Start-up Accelerator Program. If not, they’re welcome to stay on, but without the benefits of Connections and Space. This time limitation is designed to encourage EIRs to make the most of their window of opportunity in the EIR program.
What is expected from you:
- EIRs are expected to become fluent in the language, art, and practice of high-impact entrepreneurship. They are expected to be both students and teachers to pass their knowledge and experiences on to others.
- EIRs are already or will become domain experts in at least one of three disciplines: business, technology, or design. They must also be industry experts in at least one industry vertical where they can draw relevant examples from based on their domain expertise.
- EIRs commit their time and energy to supporting the entrepreneurial programs sponsored by The START Network both during and after their term of residence. They form a strong alumni base that can actively support the development of the entrepreneur community and ecosystem, both locally and globally.
If you or someone you know would like to participate in, or help support the development of this program, please get in touch with me here or via e-mail at email@example.com.