When meeting someone for the first time, one is often asked, “So what do you do?”
Lately, I’ve had a difficult time answering this question. In the last two years, I’ve taken on many different roles in many different organizations. Most of these roles pay little to nothing. Fortunately, I earn passive income from my other businesses, so I can afford the luxury of not needing to work for a salary.
Here’s my running list of activities and roles:
– Deputy Director of the John von Neumann Institute’s Innovation, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship Programs (ile.jvn.edu.vn)
– Founder and President of SAVVi Investors Forum, an Early-Stage Investors Group focused on US and VN (sif-vn.com)
– Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at Vietnam National University (hcmiu.edu.vn and apcs.hcmus.edu.vn)
– Certified Incubation Management Trainer for The World Bank (Infodev) and Asia Pacific Incubation Network (infodev.org)
– Founder and CEO of The START Center for Entrepreneurs (thestartnetwork.org)
All of these roles have one common theme, and that is to help entrepreneurs in Vietnam to be successful.
I recently made a mind-map of all of these activities:
Despite all of this, I am still at a loss as to how to answer the question, “What do I do?” I’d welcome any suggestions.
If you’d like to get involved or learn more about these activities, please feel free to contact me. We need all the help we can get. 🙂