On most Sundays, San Francisco’s historic Ferry Building closes shop at 5 p.m. Vendors go home after a long day of primping artisan cupcakes or pumping organic smoothies, and visitors walk off with an eco-friendly bag full of produce or a bellyful of some of SF’s best gourmet grub. For one night in September though, the Ferry Building’s staying open late–‘cause OneVietnam’s taking it over. And if you thought day time at the Ferry Building was a foodie’s paradise, just come see what awaits you at Street Eats, OneVietnam’s first ever charity gala.
Some of San Francisco’s top chefs will be there to roll up their sleeves and inject a high-end twist to their favorite street foods in support of OneVietnam’s charity initiative. The event is chaired by Charles Phan, whose Slanted Door and Out the Door restaurants are consistently named among the most popular restaurants in San Francisco and all of California.
Among the many highlights, the Street Eats Charity Gala will feature three Michelin-starred chefs Mourad Lahlou, Hiro Sone and Lissa Doumani; the Nom Nom Truck, a finalist in season one of The Food Network’s The Great Food Truck Race; and Humphry Slocombe (NY Times Review), which SF Weekly and SFoodie declare the best ice cream in San Francisco.
The long list of famed chefs slated to appear include:
- Hiro Sone and Lissa Doumani, Ame (Michelin-starred)
- Khai Duong, Ana Mandara
- Mourad Lahlou, Aziza (Michelin-starred)
- Brandon Jew, Bar Agricole
- Alexander Ong, Betelnut Pejiu Wu
- Sean Canavan, Bluestem Brasserie
- Denise Tran, Bun Mee
- Craig Stoll, Delfina
- Senthil Kumar, Dosa
- Arnold Eric Wong, E&O Trading Co
- Jan Birnbaum, Epic Roasthouse
- Richie Nakano, Hapa Ramen
- Jake Godby, Humphry Slocombe
- Joe Villanueva, Le Colonial
- Quynh Nguyen, Little Green Cyclo
- Cal Stamov, Marinus
- Jennifer Green, Nom Nom Truck
- Bruce Hill, Restaurant Picco
- Susan & Wendy Lieu, Socola Chocolatier
- Matthew Accarrino, SPQR
- Hiro Sone and Lissa Doumani, Terra
- Charles Phan, The Slanted Door
Wine and dessert will also be in continuous supply and, in addition to the company of great guests, live entertainment will also be provided. Sound enticing? Then click here to RSVP for this once in a life time event. Seriously folks, this is where gourmand meets gourmet and feasting meets philanthropy. We can’t wait to see you there.
Event: SF Street Eats – A Charity Gala Supporting OneVietnam
Time & Place: 6PM on 9/18/2011 at 1 Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA
Tickets: Visit Street Eats website for details and tickets